To publish your requirement write us at

Monday, November 12, 2012

Minutes of the office bearers meeting on 11th November

Dear IIMCians,

Office Bearers meeting of the Association at UNI campus on 11th November was presided by President Mukesh Kaushik and was attended by Vice Presidents Aakash Kumar, Shubhashish Mallick, Organisation Secretaries Harshendra Verdhan, Ritesh Verma, Secretaries Anand Saurabh, Kunwar Abhishek Bhagat, Treasurer Gaurav Dikshit, Executive Members Prabhat Pandey, Amit Kanaujia, Soumya Jha, Ranveer Singh, Neha Keshri, Varun Shailesh, Vartika Tomer & Keshav Kumar. Organisation Secretary Ritesh Verma presented a status report on progresses made so far in the formation of chapters across the country and outside.


Several issues were discussed in the meeting and decisions are as follows:-


  1. Sad demise of Manoj Kumar Kandher, English Journalism, 2004-05, IIMC, Dhenkanal: Association will write a letter to the Chief Minister of Orissa demanding suitable compensation to the dependents of the family and a job for the wife of Late Kandher. Association will seek a meeting with Chief Minister of Orissa to press for the demands. Meeting authorized President Mukesh Kaushik and Vice President Aakash Kumar to talk to the parliamentary leaders of ruling Biju Janta Dal in Delhi in this regards.


  1. Membership fee: Meeting decided that there will be an annual fee of 500/- INR for the membership of the association. Membership tenure would be January to December every year.


  1. Approval of Membership form: Meeting approved the format of membership form. Coordination Committee will act as the office of the membership drive.


  1. Registration Process: Meeting authorized General Secretary Animesh Biswas to get the Association registered under the societies registration act. Consultant will be hired for this purpose and budget for this purpose will be provided by the Treasurer Gaurav Dikshit after approval of the finance committee.


  1. Issues to be discussed with DG, IIMC:  A 5-Member delegation will meet Director General of IIMC Sunit Tandon who is also Patron of the Association. Meeting listed the issues to be discussed with DG. We will seek assistance of the institute for the activities of the Alumni Association. We will make the outcome of the meeting public once we meet him.


  1. Website work: Website works will be taken up after we complete the membership drive.


  1. Let's Talk: Meeting decided that Association will organize a talk in the 2nd half of last Friday of every alternate month. We will invite a prominent personality for discussion on issues related with communication field. Talk will be conducted by two moderators. First Let's Talk may be organized on 28th December, 2012 or 25th January, 2013. A final decision on this issue will be taken after delegation of the Association meets DG, IIMC. Coordination committee will look after this activity in consultation with office bearers. Logistics Committee will provide logistical support to Coordination Committee while Treasurer will look after the budgetary side of the event in close coordination with Finance Committee.


  1. Newsletter: Association will publish a bi-monthly newsletter to be circulated among members of the association. It shall be published after Let's Talk. Mode of delivery of the newsletter will be online/ printed or both depending on the resources. Communication Committee will oversee the content/ publication/ delivery of the newsletter to members while Treasurer will provide budgetary support for this activity in close coordination with Finance Committee.

Thanks & Regards,

Ritesh Verma

Organisation Secretary

No comments: