Outlook Money is India's top personal finance magazine and is looking for bright and energetic people to report for the stocks and insurance sections.
Name of Organisation: Outlook Money, Outlook Group
Designation: Senior Correspondent, Principal Correspondent
Job profile: Research, analysis, reporting and writing articles on stocks or insurance. The job involves keeping abreast of developments in stocks/insurance, analysing and writing about them, besides decoding the basics for the reader.
Experience: The candidate should have 3-4 years of experience in reporting and writing in stocks/insurance. Also required is a flair for numbers, good analytical skills and proficiency in spreadsheet analysis.
Qualifications: MBA (finance), CFA, CFP, AFP, MCom, MA (Economics)
Salary: At par with industry standards
Source: Jobs Media
About PaGaLGuY.com: PaGaLGuY.com is India's most popular education website and news source on the management education sector. Started in 2002, it has pioneered tight online communities in India and has a cult following in India's business schools. Link: http://www.pagalguy.com . PaGaLGuY.com is self-funded, independent and profitable. The team comprises of a diverse and brilliant set of people from IITs, Wharton, NITs, journalists, photographers, adventure sportsmen, league bikers, musicians, salsa dancers, gaming enthusiasts, IIM admission refusers and more.The PaGaLGuY Editorial team is committed to analysis-oriented journalism on the MBA scene, and requires fulltime Content Writers/Bloggers/Reporters.
Designation: Content Writer/Blogger/Reporter based in Mumbai
* You will work in the Editorial team, reporting and writing critical analysis-oriented stories on news from business schools, MBA recruitment patterns, government education policy, admissions at business schools.
* You will be required to initiate, lead and execute content projects to serve reader needs according to the MBA admissions calendar. Some of our past content projects includes the PaGaLGuY B-school Rankings, On-ground MBA placements coverage and more.
* You will report to the Editor but will mostly be required to work independently and show initiative in ideation and execution
* Excellent command over the English
* Ability to objectively analyse and interpret events, data and information
* Very good spoken and written communication skills
* Basic technical knowledge, comfort with social media, ability to tinker around and patch up blog plugins
Experience: 0 to 4 years, not necessarily relevant.
Salary range: Competitive, depends on past experience.
To apply, mail your Resume with a cover letter and two samples of your writing skills to email@example.com
Role Description: The Life Sciences Group, which includes the India and Asia Editions of Award-winning BioSpectrum, is looking for a correspondent to cover the life sciences industry in the Asia region, from its hub in Singpaore.
The correspondent will interact with world class companies and research institutions, finance analysts and VCs based in Singapore, Malaysia, Indoensia, Thailand and Australia. In addition, the correspondent will travel to cover life science events in Taiwan, South Korea and China.
The content generated from the region will be used in multiple delivery formats of BioSpectrum (monthly print magazine, website updated daily, fortnightly digital magazine and daily newsletter, subscribed by over 30,000 readers from Asia, USA and Europe.
India, China, Australia and Singapore are becoming the Destination of Choice for pharma and biotech companies around the world. The fulcrum of the global life science industry has shifted to Asia in the last few years and all the exciting developments are reported from here. For example, the world's first swine flu vaccine was developed by Australian company, CSL, and the first human trials also started in Australia, China and USA started after Australia.
Designation: Senior Correspondent / Senior Assistant Editor
Grade: IVB / VB
Qualification: A good reporter with nose for news. Knowledge about life science industry will be an added advantage.
Contact: Those interested are required to speak to/inform their present group head and then get in touch with me by August 20, 2009. In case you know of anyone whose profile matches the above requirement or who would be interested in applying for the position, please ask him or her to mail his or her CVs at firstname.lastname@example.org , Landline: 91-124-4031234, Extension 403.
We have urgent vacancies for Hindi to English and English to Hindi translators in a reputed company in delhi.fresher as well as experienced with good communication skills, good typing speed and translation skills apply soon updated resume.
Salary: 8k to 10k for fresher
negotiable for exprienced
There is an urgent requirement of an academic assistant at Advertising and PR deptt at IIMC. The job profile would be assisting the course director...and the remuneration wud be Rs 12,000/-...the person should have done Mass communication preferably from IIMC.
Interested people can contact at email@example.com
AFAQS.com has two openings in Noida. They need a correspondent to report on the telecom sector, and a content developer to maintain their website.
Designation offered: Correspondent
Brief job profile: Candidate will be required to report on the telecom sector, and should be comfortable writing about digital media, broadband and technology. Will be required to report news and events on a daily basis.
Qualifications: Minimum graduate. A postgraduate degree in journalism or management would be an added advantage. Excellent communication and writing skills and an ability to forge out stories regularly.
Experience required for the job: Between 1-2 years of experience with a reputed publication or website, preferably in the communications, technology or IT sector.
Designation offered: Content Developer
Location: NOIDA (Only NOIDA based candidates need to apply )
Job Profile: You will be responsible for maintaining and updating content on the portal! You will be required to source content, compile/write/edit and then upload it on the site. It also involves understanding the template created by the designer, and inserting the required content to produce the required Web pages. You should be able to look at the HTML source code created by Dreamweaver and edit or modify it as needed. The job offers tremendous prospects to learn, grow and accelerate your career development.
Experience: At least 1 year in an on-line content development team preferably in an advertising/media environment.
Other/Special Requirements: Candidate should have good communication skills, proficiency in English, be systematic, deadline oriented and a team player. You must be proficient with Dreamweaver and Adobe Photoshop.
Salary range offered: At par with industry standards.
Name of the contact person: Sonal Maheshwari, firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Jobs Media
Linopinion is looking out for a PR Executive with 2 years of experience and must having an inclination to serve financial clients.
This vacancy is for Mumbai. Salary is negotiable. Please get in touch with Shaili Jani at email@example.com
The international aid organisation, Oxfam, is currently looking to recruit a media officer for its regional centre in New Delhi. We are looking for someone who is dynamic, a self-starter who can produce quality media and communication materials ranging from press releases, to using video, photos and audio material in press work.
The position is currently a seven month contract. The closing date for applications is August 16. Interviews are likely to be end of August/early September.
Region: South Asia
Location: New Delhi
Department: Regional Communications
Position Type: Fixed Term
Job Family: Communications
Closing date for applications: (23:59 GMT) 16 August 2009
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering.
JOB PURPOSE: To maximise the impact of Oxfam's programme and advocacy in South Asia by developing and delivering effective media and communication strategies.
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term ( 7 Months)
LEVEL: C 1 National
REPORTING LINES: Reports to: Regional Campaigns and Policy Manager.
Staff reporting to this post: None (however, the post holder may be requested to manage on short term basis some interns or some staff doing a specific piece of media/communication work) None, but may have to manage limited communication/media budgets for the organisation of media events, production of communication materials, etc.
* Responsible for shaping and delivering work, which has a significant impact on Oxfam's public image – at national and international level – and requires sensible judgments, working within Oxfam policy and procedures
Provides on regular basis creative/innovative solutions to problems or tasks
* Makes independent decisions and solves problem on new and complex issues, requiring creative thinking to find best solutions
* Required to operate to tight deadlines, using independent judgement within clear parameters
* Develops and implement projects, including development of strategies and operational plans, which could be either stand-alone or part of larger programmes
* Provide professional support and advice to managers in responsibility areas
* Use information from a variety of sources to inform decision making
* Represents Oxfam to external contacts and will need to deal with influential senior contacts (media editors, senior journalists.)
* Expert knowledge of media environment and communication tools Capacity to produce independently quality media and communication materials (press releases, video, photos, audio..) that can be used by a variety of media nationally, regionally and globally.
* To develop and implement a comprehensive and integrated media strategy, maximising the impact of programmes and advocacy and optimising the use of digital media.
To develop press releases, reactive lines, questions and answers and to organise press conferences, media briefing, visits of journalists to programme locations
* To produce digital contents (stories, photos, blogs, videos..) to be used on Oxfam and other websites and to liaise with relevant staff at regional and Oxford level to maximise the use of the contents generated. Production will include filming, editing, post-production.
* To generate regular high quality media coverage, both nationally and internationally, of Oxfam's programme and advocacy work
* To monitor and to evaluate media coverage generated and to draw lessons to improve coverage
* To ensure that all media products are aligned with the Oxfam's approach to programme and to advocacy and conform to Oxfam GB and Oxfam International agreed policy and procedures (including sign off procedures)
* To collaborate with and support country staff in identifying and generating regular, high quality media and communication opportunities, developing media strategies and sourcing stories to illustrate programme and campaign themes
* To build and maintain excellent relationships with key media players, journalists and broadcasters across the region, and especially with South Asia correspondents based in New Delhi
* To develop and maintain a database of regional media correspondents based in New Delhi and across the region
* To assist in the logistical implications and arrangements of visits by journalists and celebrities
* To regularly visit country programmes to ensure a direct link between programme work and media coverage through familiarisation with Oxfam's work on the ground.
* In case of major emergency response in South Asia, to be deployed immediately to the response and to lead on media work, generating good coverage of Oxfam humanitarian work and potential advocacy concerns
* To train, coach and support Oxfam's staff in order to build their media and communication skills and capabilities
* To stay up to date with the latest thinking on how to improve effectiveness of media and communication approaches and impact, including the development and effective utilisation of digital media opportunities.
* To develop good working relationship with regional and global staff with media and communication responsibilities
* To develop a digital communication strategy for Oxfam in the region and to ensure that Oxfam's communication is increasingly digital and on-line
* To develop and maintain a library of communication resource materials and products that can be used on regular basis to communicate on Oxfam's work in South Asia and that can be used by Oxfam's corporate communication
* To develop and up-date on regular basis a lively and interactive South Asia page on Oxfam's website, both the Oxfam's website and the Oxfam's Intranet
* Be aware and promote the importance of brand protection
Skills and Competence
* Degree in journalism
* Experience in working in the South Asia media environment, either as a journalist or as a media officer in a development, campaigns or humanitarian organisation
* Experience in producing media materials (writing stories, production of video and audio reports.) and capacity to produce these materials independently and within tight deadlines.
* Good knowledge of Internet, including knowledge of up-loading materials on Internet and knowledge of managing a website
* Familiar with web base media
* Excellent knowledge of communication approaches, tools and issues
* Good facilitation, influencing and persuasive skills, with ability to build strong, credible relationships and to communicate and transfer information to a wide audience
* Strong writing skills, preferably with a history of writing for media and well-developed capacity to produce quality communication materials within tight deadlines
* Excellent communication skills, in written and verbal English. Knowledge of one of the languages of the region (Hindi, Urdu, Bangla, Nepali.) will be an asset
* Good analytical and conceptual thinking skills with good strategic perspective, able to understand complex issues and information from different sources and present this clearly and simply
* Strong capacity to deliver media materials within short deadlines
* Strong organisational and personal management skills, with ability to prioritise work issues to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and adjust to changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
* Ability to work creatively, effectively and in an innovative manner and to identify and develop new ways to use the media to Oxfam's advantage
* Ability and willingness to travel, including to humanitarian emergencies or conflict zones
Click here to apply. Enter INT3347 in the Ref field, find the posting page for this job, and click on apply.