IIMC Alumni Association is moving forward in its endeavour to recognise the excellent works of its alumni in different sectors of mass communication. We are announcing entries open for IFFCO IIMCAA Awards 2018 in 21 categories out of 23 categories of IFFCO IIMCAA Awards 2018. This is the 2nd season of IIMCAA Awards which IIMCAA instituted in 2017 with 10 categories.
IFFCO IIMCAA Awards will felicitate the best professional work done by the alumnus, during 1 January, 2017 to 31 December, 2017. It carries a cash prize along with trophy and certificate. There is a prize of Rs 51,000 for one category and Rs 21,000 for the other 20 categories. Awards will be given at the Annual Alumni Meet- Connections 2018 on 18th February 2018 at IIMC HQ, New Delhi.
The selection will be done by a jury of eminent mass comm. personalities. The jury will convene on 4 February, 2018 and select winners. The awards will be announced on 18 February, 2018 at Annual Alumni Meet- Connections 2018.
Categories of IFFCO IIMCAA Awards 2018
Not Open for Entries: Selection & Announcement by The Central Committee
1.Alumni Of The Year- Felicitation
2.Public Service- Felicitation
Open for Entries: Selection by Jury, Announcement by The Central Committee
3.A 1- Agricultural Reporting- 51,000 INR
4.A 2- Investigative Reporting- 21,000 INR
5.A 3- Developmental Reporting- 21,000 INR
6.A 4- Political Reporting- 21,000 INR
7.A 5- Sports Reporting- 21,000 INR
8.A 6- Economic and Business Reporting- 21,000 INR
9.A 7- Features- 21,000 INR
10.B 1- Print Production- Large Publications- 21,000 INR
11.B 2: Print Production- Medium & Small Publications- 21,000 INR
12.B 3- Broadcast Production- Large Network- 21,000 INR
13.B 4- Broadcast Production- Small & Medium Network- 21,000 INR
14.B 5- Digital Production- Original Story Telling- 21,000 INR
15.B 6- Digital Production- Innovation- 21,000 INR
4. Applicant must attach a brief essay maximum in 200 words of the work justifying the eligibility to the jury.
5. Entries to be sent only in PDF, JPEG, URL and PPT formats.
6. If entry is Video/ Audio, send the web URL of uploaded file by self/ organization.
7. An applicant can send only one entry in any one category in a particular year.
8. Recommendation letter from the Head of the organisation or Reporting Manager or Two peers are required. By-line entries do not require any recommendation but clippings/ PDF/ URL is a must.
9. Entries need to be accompanied by a letter of Editor or Competent Authority in all categories of the Production Awards.
10. Organisational nomination should be backed by Head of the department or competent authority.
11. Two references of classmates/ batch mates at IIMC have to be provided by applicant with their email id and mobile number.
12. Work in all Indian languages will be considered without favour or prejudice but the applicant should provide a suitable translation in English or Hindi to enable the jury to judge.
13. Central Committee members do not qualify for any awards.
14. A campaign can't be entered for two different categories. If an alumnus of agency and another of client side send the same campaign for two different categories, the entry received first will qualify and will be considered for judging.
15. Applicant must submit an undertaking to authorise IIMCAA to use applicant's name, photograph, organisation's name and their entries for promoting the IFFCO IIMCAA Awards in all communication medium.
16. Deadline to submit the entries for IFFCO IIMCAA Awards 2018 is 25 January, 2018.
17. The applicant has to agree to the all terms and conditions of the IFFCO IIMCAA Awards 2018.
18. If the jury doesn't find any suitable entry in any of the categories then the award for that category may be dropped for this year.
19. The decision of the jury will be final and can't be contested in any court.
20. Organistion name/ Freelance status of winners will be recognized in certificates of IFFCO IIMCAA Awards 2018.
21. Any rule/ criteria can be altered by the IIMC Alumni Association if necessary in the larger interested of alumni and awards.
Category A: Reporting- PRINT, DIGITAL AND BROADCAST: 7 Awards
Quality - Language, presentation, coherence and comprehension
Impact- Quoted by other media, quoted by politicians publicly, action taken by government based on report, etc
Numbers- Page views, shares, etc
Digital innovation implies creation or curation of stories/ series/ campaign by innovative treatment for impact using multimedia tools
Category B 7- Anchor/ Presenter/ Broadcaster
Look and Presentation
LIVE conversation with reporters/ guests/ sources of the news
Debate/ Discussion handling with experts or parties concerned
Command over the language
- Content must be of minimum 10 minutes duration and produced for half an hour wheel only
- Entry should be sent with an additional 3 minutes summarized capsule of the entry
- Online Video/ Audio link is acceptable only
- Must not be in violation of copyright laws
- Astrology/ Call in shows do not qualify
Category B 8- Documentary Film Making
Quality of content: Topic selection, understanding and presentation of issues, strong research, Variety of elements related to the subject, engaging storytelling with credible facts, figures and interviews
Production: Strong and honest camerawork, variety of visuals, engaging editing and informative graphics treatment, voice over
Issues: The documentaries can be on various issues ranging from social, political, environment, technology or science field
Duration: Up to 30 minutes
- Applicant should be part of the core team in the capacity of Director, Producer, cinematographer or editor
- The submission to be done along with production stills and synopsis of the film